More and more people are living a sedentary lifestyle. There are several problems that can arise when you are sitting too much throughout the day. There are studies after studies that show how much your body can benefit from moving throughout the day. Unfortunately, many careers and jobs require people to sit at a desk or a computer all day to complete their tasks. When you are sitting too much during the day, you need to take matters into your own hands to ensure you are getting the movement that you need. King David Therapy is here to talk about how massage can play a role in helping you overcome the sedentary lifestyle you’re living.
Dangers of Sedentary Lifestyle; Side Effects of Sitting Too Much
When it comes to sitting too much, there are some problems that can have a big impact on your life because of it. Some of the health problems include:
- Chronic Illness: There are several chronic illnesses that can impact your life in a negative way when you are sitting too much. Those include high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, cancer and more. These diseases have all been linked to sitting too much throughout the day.
- Mental Health: Your mental health will also take a hit if you aren’t getting the exercise you need during the day. Problems like stress, anxiety, depression and other mental health issues have been directly linked to a sedentary lifestyle.
Why is Massage Best for Sitting all Day?
If you are someone that sits too much, you will find hope in studies that show how beneficial massage can be. Here are some of the ways people who sit too much can benefit from massage therapy:
- Soothes Pain: When you are sedentary, it isn’t uncommon for you to start feeling neck and back pain as a result. This comes from a weak core that isn’t being strengthened. Massage can help loosen those tight muscles that are often causing the pain.
- Lower Blood Pressure: If you feel your blood pressure starting to creep up, you will find peace in knowing that one of the ways that you can lower it is with massage.
- Improved Sleep: Believe it or not, but those that live a sedentary lifestyle often don’t sleep well at night. Massage therapy has been shown to help improve your sleep, so you feel more rested.
- Boosted Immune System: Massage therapy helps to improve blood flow and circulation which can directly impact your body’s immune system.
- Mental Health: Taking the time to focus on yourself and relax can help improve your mental health. It helps to decrease cortisol levels which is the stress hormone. You will feel much better after a massage.