There is nothing like a professional Swedish massage to reduce stress, ease aching muscles, reduce pain, and promote peace and relaxation. The healing properties of massage have long been recognized through the ages for their healing powers and for connecting with oneself on a higher level. Massage can benefit common ailments like muscle tension and insomnia and should be considered an essential component of your wellness routine. King David Therapy delves further into this topic below.
What is Swedish Massage?
Swedish massage is centuries old and best known for its therapeutic benefits and for promoting relaxation. Swedish massage has been used to help reduce both physical and mental stress, improve circulation, and reduce muscle fatigue and tension. The fundamentals of Swedish massage include a combination of long strokes, kneading, circular movements, and vibration. Some of the benefits of Swedish massage include improvement in circulation, self-confidence, and improved sleep.
Benefits of Swedish Massage
- Muscle Relaxation: Swedish massage is an excellent tool to reduce muscle tension, promote relaxation, and improve your well-being. Your King David Therapy technician, will use several techniques, such as kneading, tapping, gliding, and compression, to relieve stiff muscles, increase circulation, reduce pain, and restore balance. One of the benefits of relaxed muscles is increased joint flexibility and increased motion.
- Improve Circulation: Swedish massage is well known for improving circulation. Increasing blood flow allows your muscles to relax, improves lymphatic drainage, and improves internal detoxification. Detoxification allows your body to flush out waste products that can build up in your system from everyday stressors and improve body functions.
- Influence Your Nervous system: Swedish massage can improve your central and autonomic nervous systems. Autonomic nerves are responsible for involuntary functions such as breathing, food digestion, heart rate, and blood pressure. Massage will promote a feeling of calm using slow strokes to relieve tension and decrease the stress hormone cortisol.
- Improve Posture: Swedish massage is an excellent tool for improving posture and alignment. Improved posture will reduce muscle tension and improve your mental and physical well-being. During your Swedish massage, your King David Therapy technician will use deep tissue massage to increase flexibility and restore balance to improve posture and increase movement.
- Pain Relief: Swedish massage is incredible for pain relief and discomfort and provides much-needed relief for patients suffering from acute or chronic pain. Pressure points can target tension, increase circulation, and reduce aches and pains.
Regular Swedish massage can improve your well-being by creating short-term comfort and long-term improvements to your overall health, including relieving stress, improving circulation, providing relief from aches and pain, and promoting relaxation using tried and true techniques. Before scheduling an appointment, discuss your existing medical conditions with your doctor. Your physician and massage therapist can advise you on Swedish massage safety and modified practices for your needs.
Massage Therapy & More in Greater Miami Beach, Downtown Miami, Brickell, Hialeah, Miami Gardens, Kendall, Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines & Hollywood, FL
The results you will experience from regular Swedish massage sessions are long-lasting, and you will experience improvement in your mental and physical health. To learn more about Swedish Massage and to schedule an appointment, contact the experts at King David Therapy today.